View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 06:09 AM   #1
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
ff_summit

Since before FF came out I've been making models and textures, planning to do a forest map of some kind. Finally I'm putting it all together, and it's a hunted map.

Assassins will be snipers, 1 demoman (he can detpack the barn if the hunted doesn't want to come out) and maybe 1 HWguy (If it's not too overpowered). I can allow a spy if people want it.

Bodyguards will be medics, snipers, soldiers, and scouts for jump pads and detpack defusing.

I've prototyped the whole map with a very simple displacement that I could change easily. Here's the plan. The blue lines indicate paths for the VIP. I'm probably going to move the starting point a bit to the left, and I'll add a little shack or two nearby for some more cover. Assassins will spawn in the tunnels and on the road, or just randomly all over the place.

I'm thinking the escape point will be a helicopter, if I can find a decent enough model. I really don't like how the escape area is set up. I want it to be large, but I have to block it off visually from the surrounding area for optimization purposes. And I don't want long chokepoints leading up to it.

Might be better to have just one route instead of two, through the center of the hill I have there now. I don't want the entire assassin team camping there, though.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Crazycarl; 07-28-2008 at 03:46 AM. Reason: title change
Crazycarl is offline   Reply With Quote