View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #13
C-Aim
Better than Never

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Unhappy

I just read the changelog and it doesn't appear as though we will be able to set the text color like I hoped. It looks like we will have the option to set what color we send text with, but there isn't an option to change the default color or even to change all text color (client side) to a color of your choice.

I don't really want to be seeing rainbow text all the time and I know that is what some people will be doing with binds: Like instead of using it sensibly they will have single words with rainbow colors; but there is nothing to be done about that I guess (Edit: just read in the change log that there will be a cvar to disable it ). But what I was asking about is the option that is in TFC: con_color r g b on the HL1 engine you use it to change the default color of all in-game text to appear with the color of your choice, so instead of having a default orange chat text I had a default white chat text.

I'm still hoping that an option of this sort will be implemented, unless I'm misunderstanding the use of color in the patch and it already is set to be implemented.

EDIT: I don't mean to sound like I am dumping on the new color feature, I think it is cool and could be very useful if used sensibly.

Last edited by C-Aim; 10-09-2007 at 06:02 PM.
C-Aim is offline   Reply With Quote