View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 04:11 PM   #19
o_gritty

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I started playing TFC back in 99 in the old UK wireplay community. Pretty much from day one i made the scout my own and went from constant flag capturing on public servers to not quite so constant (but still quite prolific ) 'capping' in clan matches. These were days originally where concing was felt to be tricky and the community taught itself and educated itself on how best to play the game and the different jumps and tricks you could do.
I still remember being shown and for the first time and completing a conc jump from the water in rock 2 straight thro the balc windows and the grin it gave me (thanks Mr_Pilsbury where ever you are)

Anyway i was always really an offense player but learnt every class in the game to a good standard clanwise.

Yet even now years after ive left TFC the skills from playing TFC scout in terms of crazy dodging and still painting my target serve me well in other FPS games.

Im looking forward to this MOD immensely, all TFC needs is a new paintjob and the old bugs fixed and we will have a hell of game, and i hope a large nice community playing it like before.

Favourite part of TFC hmmm.. apart from tasty concjumps would have to be circle strafing an SG.
For anyone new it involves spinning around the sides of an automatic cumputer controlled gun at a faster rate than it can spin... but not too fast so that you catch it up again! and taking it out with your nailgun... then in the case of a scout having to time diving out of the way at the right moment to avoid getting killed in the explosion. You may find yourself doing all this while someone trys to shotgun you as well, but if you still get out of the room with the flag youll be a man my son (hovis moment )

Best of luck to the FF lads with the mod
o_gritty is offline   Reply With Quote