VMX

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDieS View Post
Good Job on the Spanish trans, but i have found some minor things/problems

"FF_Mouse_Look" "Usar el ratón para mover la cabeza"
"FF_Keyboard_Look" "Usar el teclado para mover la cabeza"

Should something like "mover la vista" or simply "mirar", "cabeza" can give the wrong idea, imo
Changed to
Code:
"FF_Mouse_Look"            "Usar el ratón para mover la vista"
"FF_Keyboard_Look"        "Usar el teclado para mover la cabeza"
Quote:
"FF_MapShot" Description is missing the first "
Fixed.

Quote:
"FF_JOINTEAM" "¡Únete a un equipo machote!" the word "machote" doesnt fit well (hi spanish girls) as the english version imo, mb change this for "valiente" or just leave it as "Únete a un equipo"
Replaced with
Code:
"FF_JOINTEAM"            "¡Únete a un equipo!"
Wanted to reproduce a bit of the humor there, but it may not be for everyone, I agree. So I changed it to the "flat" translation

Quote:
"FF_PREMATCH_END" "¡VAMORRR, A JUGAR!" misspelled
Changed to
Code:
"FF_PREMATCH_END"        "¡VAMOS, A JUGAR!"
Quote:
"FF_HINT_SNIPER_HEADSHOT" "¡Cabeza! El rifle de francotirador es el único arma del juego........etc"

Should be "...es la única arma del juego...." and mb leave the ¡Cabeza! as "Headshot" or "Disparo a la cabeza" ? not sure about this
Changed to
Code:
"FF_HINT_SNIPER_HEADSHOT"    "¡En la cabeza! El rifle de francotirador es la única arma del juego que hace más daño en la cabeza. ¡Apunta a los ojos!"
Quote:
"FF_HINT_DEMOMAN_FIREPL" "bla bla ........ y asÃ* sobreponerte a ese retraso"
It took me 1 minute to understand what you were saying and i already know how to play !

I think you should change that for something like "compensar el retraso"
Used both your suggestion and Firefox11 one, and changed it to
Code:
"FF_HINT_DEMOMAN_FIREPL"    "Las bombas no estarán armadas hasta que no dejen de brillar. Trata de usar la geometrÃ*a del mapa para hacerlas rebotar y asÃ* compensar el retraso. También puedes usarlas para impulsarte y saltar más, llegando a lugares inaccesibles de otro modo."
Quote:
"FF_HINT_SPY_GANKDISGUISE" "Al propinar una puñalada mortar mientras estabas disfrazado" erm What ?

What about "Si apuñalas a alguien mientras estas disfrazado, tu disfraz cambiará (para parecerte a)/(al personaje de) tu vÃ*ctima"
Didn't see a real problem there (except for the "mortar" typo), but changed it to the less complex
Code:
"FF_HINT_SPY_GANKDISGUISE"    "Si apuñalas a alguien mientras estás disfrazado, tomarás la apariencia de tu vÃ*ctima. ¡Usa esto a tu favor!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox11
Headshot: I don't know if it was on TFC, but I recall some Spanish translations saying "¡En la cabeza!" when it's a Headshot. Likewise, if there's a legshot line, it could be translated as "¡En la pierna!"

Pipe thing: In my opinion, maybe it could be less technical. Like "Las bombas no estarán armadas hasta que dejen de brillar. Puedes usar la geometrÃ*a del mapa para hacerlas rebotar, reduciendo el efecto del retraso. También puedes usarlas para impulsarte y saltar más, llegando a lugares inaccesibles de otro modo."
I used both of those suggestions of yours.

I also believe the first one was in TFC, and yeah, it's shorter and perfectly understandable, so there it is ("¡En la cabeza", "¡En la pierna!").

As for the second one, I think you're right. Sometimes one just wants to stick to the original translation to make it as precise as possible, but then you find you're just making it harder to understand, so it's better to rephrase things a bit as long as you just give players the right idea.

Thank you both for revising this stuff. Sometimes when you're translating such big chunks of strings, you lose a bit of perspective and even forget part of the context where they appear, thus writing weird-looking translations. Plus some typos always slip here and there, no matter how many times you revise it

BTW, I guess the "95.8 CAPITAL" thing won't be used anymore, so it really doesn't matter what we write there, right? Can any dev confirm this?

Thanks!

(Already replaced the old post with the new translations).
VMX is offline   Reply With Quote