Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Did you miss the fact that he's underage?
In regard to the alcohol consumption? Who cares? Tell me the difference that matters between a sixteen year old and a twenty-two year old that justifies having a drinking age or making underage drinking illegal? (For starters, if the drinking age were lower (say 16) then kids would be less likely to go to parties and run these risks, they would easily be welcomed into bars and the like.) Don't tell me 'maturity' because we all know that's independent on age. I know thirty year olds that are complete idiots compared to some responsible, well mature, sixteen year olds.

Quote:
I know we've all done shit we weren't supposed to, that's a given. He has to balance out what is more important to him: Partying his ass off, or something he really enjoys. He sounds like he knows he was in a position he didn't want to be in, and that's ok. Like I said, we've all been in that position at one time or another. If he shows the maturity to admit he was in the wrong, his punishment will likely be minimal.
Sounds like this was done in his free time as a personal choice. It seems balanced. I mean, the only issue here is that the coach has decided to punish him for what the coach perceives to be something wrong in a context totally irrelevant to the context it took place in. If you're going to punish people indirectly for your personal opinion (and not for their performance in your little program) then fuck that. I say to the person whom you punish to get out of there. That's some bullshit.

Quote:
To me, it sounded like he really regrets what happened, and would like to amend his actions. That being the case, I offered up advice on how to do that. If he wants to party and say "fuck the team/coach/whatever", then he should do as you suggested.
No, he's just conditioned by society to think he's done wrong. He did nothing wrong. Why defend the dumbfuck coach with the assumption that Greenday is the one in the wrong? If he made the decision to get drunk at a party and then, as far as I can tell, did nothing wrong except the fact, then what's the harm? It isn't like he got drunk and then went to tryouts or uppercut the coach into fucking oblivion. Shit.

Anyway, @op, if I were you, I'd just tell that lame ass coach to mind his business, as said above.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote