eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rck View Post
Good to see its sparked some discussion!

I agree with Elmo that there is a duty or pressure to stay in your position, which is why I am asking the question as I don't kill myself or go to respawn

But Neo makes a good point, on maps like destroy for example where bottom respawn is only a rocket jump away from switch and top respawn means you can go via FR and "mop up" the incomings on your way back to position. So I guess it does really depend on position and timing
By example, on Destroy -- Playing the button as soldier is a very important task. There are several situations that can occur depending on the choice of the soldier when dying (not dead.)

When LOW HP
- Informs FR of HP ("I'm gunna die"); Either

A) *Kills self*
B) *Falls Back further into doorway to FR to choke and Suicide while doing damage to enemy

These options both are fine as long as the call of death is relevant in the situation; so that the engi may be prepared, and the demo may blue or mirv/nade the choke point.

-On Spawn; Either

A) Soldier RJ's to Button, grabs bag while negating all attackers, before returning to zero position.

B) Soldier plays front door momentarily before resuming to option A.

Both in A and B can comms be called by the soldier until stated back in position. While A is the usual route that most soldiers take, Players who choose B are normally really good soldiers (Homie, Vinny, Matt, FDA ,Blade) -- The risk of this is that if they remain too long, players can easily get by, going top, and comms can be missed. Though attackers who are damaged early before they get into the flagroom are less likely to do much when they reach it. So the situation is rather conventional as it is unconventional.

Pressure on a Soldier depends on the player. I know if and when a soldier is performing which option when I play Engi or demo because a lot of that pressure is removed from the Soldier due to his position, and of course a flood of medics rape me from button side of FR. 3 medics button = I get out there early and help the soldier or I'm going to get destroyed.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by eomoyaff; 03-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote