Ragdoll
Blacknight's Test Guy
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scoot
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: [Brik], F-in-S, [HelpStar]
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
How to Fix FF Part 3

I had hoped to get this in before the update, but no such luck.
My main beef this time is with the scoring system FF uses. It's not very efficient, it has no support for assists, kills are easily stolen, and doesn't reward every team-beneficial thing a player can do.
Therefore, I propose that instead of a flat 100 points per kill, points are awarded based on the percentage of damage dealt to an opponent's hit points. If a soldier shoots an unarmored scout with a rocket, therefore, the scout dies, losing 100% of his HP, and giving the soldier 100 points. Shoot a demo and take out half his health, you get 50 points. Dead simple. This allows for assists without having to track who damaged who and combine things on the killfeed the way that tf2 does, and it supports assists with any number of people. This can also be applied to SGs. Multiply the points for a level 1 by 1, a level 2 by 1.5, and a level 3 by 2.

To this base percentage, a number of modifiers and bonuses may be added. A modifier of x1.5 points may be added to damage dealt to an enemy carrying the flag or capping a control point like on warpath. This would have to be suspended on fusion or whatever that one map is where all the attackers have flags, but hey.
A modifier of x1.2 points may be added to damage dealt to enemies within a certain radius of the flag, as a sort of 'defense bonus'. The same thing could go for controlled cap points.
A modifier of x2 points may be added to damage dealt to enemy spies within a certain radius of a friendly sentry gun so long as the attacker is not the SG's owner. This promotes teamwork. The same thing could go for dispensers and mancannons in a pinch.
A modifier of x3 points may be added to damage dealt to enemies firing projectiles or weapons into a friendly spawn.

A special section may be added for snipers.
A modifier of x.5 points may be added to damage dealt to enemies who are stationary.
Make that .75 for enemies who are just walking around, no bunnyhopping, and x1 for enemies bhopping. Then, for every 50 units faster than bhop speed they're going, add in another .5 points. This rewards snipers for taking out scouts whizzing around the battlefield on concs and discourages sniper wars.
Further, a bonus of 100 points is awarded for a headshot, and a bonus of 100 points is also awarded for radio tagging a disguised or cloaked enemy spy.

500 points are awarded for opening a detpack wall or some other similar optional route.
200 points are awarded for deactivating security.
A multiplier of 1.5x is added on a successful identity-stealing backstab.
An arbitrary multiplier or number of points is awarded for anything I left out.
Also, add world reload animations and then it's perfect.

/flameshield on
Ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote