View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
the_cake
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 144 Times
Too lazy to get into a full discussion of HnT's style.

Basically he had a really good sense of game flow, like what do do specifically vs a set of opponents on a given map and what to do in awkward situations. He could play in several different styles and could choose the right one for the job at a moments notice if the situation demanded it. He had a massive bag of tricks; this happens when you play engie for 10 years. Where one engie might have one way of playing and be really good at it, if that isn't working you get that situation where the o is storming the flagroom and the engie is at the bottom of the scoreboard. This is where hold would change it up, and most of the time he'd find something that worked before things got out of control. He literally saved a few games this way back in KBN.

He was amazing at seeing the big picture basically. He didn't do any crazy rail shots and could barely bhop, but he knew how to make the game flow the way his team wanted. His mindset was "what can I do to help my team win this," not "how can I show off" or "player xyz needs to do this to keep my gun up for me.
the_cake is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.