View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 AM   #28
SSCUJO

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
bridget read the story, its a direct example of how those factors cripple the sniper in everyday use. theses are balancing factors as much as you don't like to think so.

i understand bridget your furious about the snipers always killing you, there are a few people who are, there are far more who arn't. the sniper class if anything needs to be buff'd up.

not only are your counter points to my cons horribly one sided, but they are in many cases wrong, as well as your point that this disscussion has nothing to do with skill. the sniper only has an advantage at the hands of a skilled player, long distance one hit kill is useless in the hands of somebody who doesn't know how to use it. you take away the only good thing about the sniper and you take away the class. a mid range sniper is garbage and you know it, it would be far to easy to kill, a sniper requires focus on a snigle target. that requires hiding and not being vulnerable. your mid range idea would create a class that does nothing but die.

also just to point out, the sniper rifle is not the best weapon in the game, it may do that most dmg at full charge but thats a large delay. by far imo the rocket launcher is the best weapon in the game... i mean you don't even need to hit the target to kill it, thats just rediculious.

bridget you also don't seem to pay much attention to the fact that when a sniper misses his one shot he's fucked. no other class can say that. thats one hell of a con.

as for your close range arguement. its not a matter of the sniper having an easier time hitting people, its a matter of the enemy using far more effective guns and being close enough to use them.

as for the legshot, its been explain'd in my story, there are many ways to move quickly with a broken leg especially for only 5 seconds, its not enough protection for the sniper.

on an unrelated note, i have never once in all the time i've played FF hear anyone anywhere complain about an average sniper player, the average sniper player is perfectly balanced within the game, the inherent advantages and disadvantages are less maginified and everyone goes about thier day. people only care about the best snipers in the game, and boy does it piss people off, and starts threads like these all the time.

its not hard, take a different route the sniper won't be watching, he's not overpowered, you just keep walking into his crosshair. play smart and you'll relaize that not only is the sniper not over powered, but it is slightly under powered, and needs to be given more abilities or a buff to its current ones, so that it can be used properly by all its players.