FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper18 View Post
The sniper should also. It doesnt make sense that he can be so fast and have a rifle thats not only hitscan, but can charge and instakill. If you want to keep the sniper fast, give him a projectile based sniper. Something bad company 2-esque. If you make the bullet take time to travel to its target, and maybe drop over a certain distance, it adds a whole new element. Now, not only do you have to lead your target, you have to practice and play to be good at sniper. Just like soldier or scout. Im not proposing it take 20 seconds to travel 100 meters, its velocity would need testing, but it would be a lot more fun to play sniper, and when getting gibbed from some asshole thats been sitting in the same corner of the map for 2 hours, at least you know it took some good aim to make that shot.
This game has a pace that is unlike any other and it keeps me coming back. Im sure a few others could say the same.
It would make sniper almost pointless to play if it had bullet drop and took time to reach the target. People who get killed by sniper a lot generally hate the class and don't bother learning it, which is why a lot of vocal people want it nerfed. If the devs wanted to listen to them, they would need to be careful in what way they nerfed the sniper, and it would need to make sense.

To add bullet drop it would need to apply to other weapons too. Like the nail gun, the nails go stupidly slowly, and in a straight line, for long distances. And it's a crappy little nail gun, the sniper rifle is the Snipers main weapon, and takes 5 seconds to charge a powerful shot, for that shot then to be so un-powerful that it drops over distance, when no other weapons do. Makes no sense atall. Even if it was a projectile based sniper, to have bullet drop for the most powerful shot per shot weapon in the game... doesn't work unless every other weapon gets nerfed.

Talking about the current sniper rifle though, the only thing that wouldn't be too bad with bullet drop for the sniper rifle, is if any charge under 3.5 seconds, the bullet drops over distances slowly, but 3.5+ seconds of charge on the sniper rifle, it has no bullet drop. Because if I was a sniper and waited 5 seconds to finally shoot someone, I wouldn't want to have to calculate the bullet drop, speed of the bullet, and speed of the enemy before shooting. Those are the sort of things you do in a serious war game or something.

To make the sniper slower, he should put on some weight . Because the sniper is a very thin model, and the sniper rifle and AR are both fairly small weapons, so as it is, there is no reason why the sniper should be slow in my opinion, that would make sense, he carries nothing very heavy, has no secondary grenades and only one source of ammo for both the sniper rifle and auto rifle. No deployable or any extras. And is killed very easily.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote