View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 06:13 AM   #6
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Engi is largely about understanding the maps. Where to spam your charged railgun shots, how to bounce when people are coming in, where to put disps to hide them and how to use them as impromptu pipes with detdispenser.

Also, movement is really damn important as an engi. It's the only class I turn on auto-bhopping for, so I can easily spam railgun shots backwards to quickly build up momentum without fucking up my jumps. Knowing when trimps can save you half a second or a second on "routes" can make or break your SG placements.

Also understand exactly how grenades work. Keep rotating around your gun while grenades/nails are coming in, know that if you're underneath a ledge (like on destroy's SG spot), any grenades that are thrown behind your SG won't hurt you, helps a ton.

Bind keys to building/detting quickly, aiming your SG so you can quickly respond to calls, knowing when to spam rails and when to just charge it for extra cells, getting good at shotty aim, etc. There's a lot to learn, but the only way to learn it is experience.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

3 members found this post helpful.