Old 04-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #13
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesium View Post
14) I disagree (I don't think there should be any additional FP at all for a relay relative to a non-relay - the fact that you took the opportunity to get the flag at a time when the defense is compromised is your incentive/reward).
this is where i think primarily disagree with you on fortress points. fortress points shouldn't be purely a motivation to play well. it should be a lose guide to help you play better. and such somthing like this while yes rewarded in game should also reflect a reward in FP as well. As they are seperate from the game. fp shoudln't be incentive to do somthing you won't ordinarly do (that you are suppose to do.) but a record of what your doing right and a guide to help you play better.

so say i get 100 fps the first game i play i say how can i do better after a few games you start to do better and as such your fortress points will be higher. (that should be the idea of fortress points. why i think it should have all the little things recorded even if they already show up in game.

i don't think anyone is going to abuse FPs anyways on a large scale if it all as we aren't gonna list what you do and don't get in the game. (also there is no actual reward for them and as such we shouldn't worry about a little abuse unless it can drastically effect the scores without making a large effort to. i personally think there should never be a reward for fortress points anyways never be content you can unlock do to them or even a leader board (though that might work). would be cool to record them for personal analyses so i could see how effective i was with this or that and work on ways to improve on it.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 04-02-2015 at 04:14 PM.
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote