View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 05:18 AM   #1
slay2rr

Class/Position: Pyro
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Should FF evolve or stick to TFC

Fortress Forever was a HL2 mod for TFC, which is meant to stick to the tradition gameplay of Fortress. But really although the gameplay is good it is a 10 year-old gameplay and might not be what new gamers are looking for.

Now one thing I disagree with is that FF should focus on vets, that is completely wrong, no matter what game it can not live on only experienced players. And FF needs to attract new players, as that is the only way for the play base to grow. And ATM the play base is quite low, compared to other sourcemods.

I believe Fortress Forever is meant to be a Team Fortress experience for source engine, not just TFC:S. FF need to evolve, But i feel FF's current state as being stuck between those who want a TFC:S (same everything as TFC) and those who want to FF to become something of its own.

I think the Devs have done a great job introducing the man cannon and shortening blue pipes fuse, I don't understand why people are complaining so much. But at the same time as new ideas are put in, there are many that have been shot down which i think were not game breaking to introduce, such as the 3-slot system, this is not a rip-off of TF2, there are heaps of games that have it, just because TF2 doesn't mean it is bad for FF. FF shouldn't be a anti-everything-TF2, they are both fortress games, so it is almost impossible to make them completely different.

FF is meant to be the next generation of Fortress games, so if a idea is bad it should be given a proper reason, not something like It doesn't stay true to Fortress, because in truth you don't know what Fortress is.

Fortress is evolving, so should FF, because if we don't we'll eventually be extinct.
slay2rr is offline   Reply With Quote