View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #9
o_returner

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I started off with QWTF circa 1997. I played one or two clan matches back then. As soon as TFC was released, I started playing it. I've played as a spy almost exclusively since I originally started TF. Sometimes I'm a sniper or maybe a hwguy, but not very often. I don't really know why I've played this long. I guess it's the variety and amount of tactics and classes that you can use. I've also played Counter-Strike for a long time (five years or more?), so I'm not limited to TF games.

The reason why I like being a spy is that it has a lot of unique features that other classes don't have. Using your brains is as important as shooting. Feigning (silent) can be used to: disguise yourself as a corpse (so when someone passes you, you can get up and stab him), avoid enemy fire (like rockets) or hide. Tranqs are very hard to use, yet extremely effective. A tranquilized medic can't use his medkit (too slow), a soldier can't fire missiles effectively (low rate of fire, and they usually don't switch to their shotguns) and a scout can't run away. Plus, the spy is very good at combat. And so on. A lot of possibilities.
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote