Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
The fact that you won't step up proves otherwise.
Sniper is easy to get the hang of, but it's not instantaneous. I haven't played FF in five months, so I would need some 'warm up' time to get into the groove most Snipers are in. I'm not 'stepping up' because my video card is fucking broke and I can't play Fortress Forever. You shouldn't presume my ability so quickly.

Besides, this argument was never about dominating people. It's about the fact that the Sniper has the immediate upper hand in fights (the enemy has to reach him to fight back) and that he has a high-damage weapon with two broken abilities (legshot, radiotag) that punish people who try to fight back or manage to make it across the yard without dying. WHICH MAKE IT EVEN WORSE COMBINED WITH THE RANGE ADVANTAGE.

Whether or not I can capitalize on those advantages, as I fucking said in my last post, is irrelevant. Even if I miss every shot, I am still at a range that leaves you virtually unable to fight back. I still have the potential to gib you in one shot. I still have the legshot and radiotag in my arsenal. The core of the class is broken. Anyone with basic class-specific skill (which is what I was suggesting I would need to gather, I don't main Sniper, though I have played it in the past and raged people with it) breaks the experience.

Last edited by Bridget; 01-18-2010 at 02:55 AM.