View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 02:07 PM   #1
martindm03

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Crash on Joining Public Server

Hello everyone, not sure if the devs check the discussion threads on the steam community hub for FF so I figured I would post this here. I have encountered a problem. With FF in a 4:3 resolution I have no problems, I can join servers, host a server, and anything else I want to do. The problem arises when I change to a 16:10 resolution, while in a 1440x900 resolution I cannot join any servers, the game crashes to desktop with the "hl2.exe has stopped working" error, although I can host my own server no problem. I have not tested this with 16:9 resolutions as I have a 16:10 monitor so I am not sure if those work or not. How can I get FF to work with a 16:10 resolution?

Edit: I just tried a 16:9 resolution, and the highest 4:3 resolution same thing happens, crash to desktop. It seems to be a problem with HIGH resolutions. If I keep the resolution low it seems to work fine.

This is the crash message I get with high resolutions it appears to be a c+ + problem: http://s304.photobucket.com/user/dav...qa7rx.png.html

Last edited by martindm03; 04-05-2015 at 02:18 PM.
martindm03 is offline   Reply With Quote