Thread: Tribes: Ascend
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #47
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
I think more games should go the pro-mod route. Dumb your shit game down all you want so that people can jump in and have fun. But have like the equivalent to cpma for q3, where it's a high end level of gameplay that's mainly skill based and targeted at comp players.

Couple that with a one time fee I can pay to own the entire game, rather than this freemium/subscription bullshit, I think a game would be a substantial hit. I would easily have paid 50 bucks for a game like QL where I had access to all game content. But I am no where near stupid enough to shell out a fucking subscription just to get to the stuff I want in a game. Honestly how does that even play into a developers hands? Gamers are for the most part younger dudes. And us younger dudes don't have the most stable of incomes, a lot of us are way more willing to make a one time impulse buy, than sustain a sub.

And with a promode, I think you'd see more people all around playing it, and a higher turn over into comp play. You can start of playing the regular game, and once you get to like it and feel comfortable, you can start taking on the advanced techniques and play your promode stuff.
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote