View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #133
o_caesium

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Beta2 !!!

Beta2 of ff_aardvark is now ready and available for download. Thanks everyone who contributed to the many very useful suggestions so far. Please check out beta2, and keep the input coming!

Btw, sorry about the ridiculous filesize atm, this will be reduced greatly when we can use real FF textures and sounds rather than the current custom ones that we're having to include.

Download ff_aardvark_beta2.zip for HL2DM (LDR only)

Thanks to Doctor.TFC for hosting

Please note that I have not updated the media section on the website yet with screenshots from beta2, but hopefully I will do this soon.

-----

Changes in Beta2:

- "func_areaportalwindow" brush entities added for front window transparency fade in/out and block vis
- Open "func_areaportal" brush entities added all around the map to help vis
- More trim added all around the base, especially front of base and top of main ramp
- Custom orange tinted glass created and used in the red base
- Custom calmer water texture and animations created for happier feel and higher FPS
- Plank props replaced with a brush to correct lighting discontinuity
- General texture and trim tweaking and alignment, and stray decal fixes
- Custom textures created and used in place of dull repeating black tiles all around the base
- Cubemap sizes changed to improve reflection quality where necessary
- New healthy looking tree models outside
- Resupply door triggers changed
- All door sounds changed
- Game changed to HL2DM to make soundscapes work
- Triggerable soundscapes and environmental point sounds added all around the map
- Team logo on front of base
- Corridor to plank made more interesting (please don't pee in Mr. Aardvark's lake, but use the facilities provided..)
- Newspaper cutting in basement (many more to come in the next version, which will explain the history of ff_aardvark!). Thanks to Zydell for these

Things still to be done:

- Camera systems will be changed so that each team's camera is active when their generator is active (now possible due to multiple camera support being added to FF, but not possible in HL2DM)
- Need skybox that lines up properly. Maybe some nice person with DOD:S can message me and help me out with this..
- More newspaper cuttings in basement :]

Last edited by o_caesium; 04-26-2006 at 11:44 AM.
o_caesium is offline   Reply With Quote