Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm999 View Post
Cheers squeek. I could never get my head round all the weird and wonderful ways that tables work. However, I seem to have noticed a problem that we both missed...
Not sure if you're familiar with other programming languages, but Lua tables are basically really flexible associative arrays (the keys can be pretty much any data type). You can read more here: http://www.lua.org/pil/2.5.html

Quote:
Anyway, as well as making it use sv_mapluasuffix, I've added support for ff_dm_squeek (cause I can). Which doesn't work because I must have been blindfolded when I wrote it.
BTW, why is ff_dm_squeek so badly instantiated? All the doors take up a million lines D:
Haha, ff_dm_squeek was my very first Lua script, so I'm sure it's pretty terribly written. There's definitely a lot that could be improved about it.

Quote:
EDIT: Ah. Shit. Medic only has 50 cells max, as a medkit drop is 10 cells. Meaning he can't place a dispenser or an SG. So the dispenser and SG weapons are pretty useless. Ah, well, people can just change class. Wait. Another thing. The engineer can detonate dispensers. Other classes have to use a console command. That's. A bit iffy. Another thing to change for next Gun Game update.
Yeah, the engi buildables might be better to leave out at this point. They aren't really going to be usable by the other classes without some changes to what Lua has access to.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote