Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHISH View Post
Hell dev texture maps in source are very popular and they use something like 3 different textures.
In what hell do you think the dev texture maps are popular? They may have been popular shortly after their release, but IMO too much simplicity can be just as destructive as too much complexity. We need to find a balance between the two and limiting the textures to something too simple is not the answer. Maps need to be beautiful, but with great layouts and well optimized.

Regarding movement, I think the best way to approach whatever type of movement will be available in this new game is to make sure there are multiple outlets for people to learn the basics, like the FF training map. But I feel that's not enough. There need to be custom hud elements built to assist so a player can emulate something visual rather than simply following written or audible instructions. There needs to be more organization that focuses its efforts on making it simple for new players to learn the game, otherwise we're only going to end up where we are today with a game that few people are willing to learn.

A matchmaking system would also be of great benefit, one similar to CS:GO where you get matched up with players of your skill level rather than joining a pickup with veterans of the game. Easy to use, map choices, time limits, different game modes or rules to choose from. These all help make a system that is shown to work and I am not ashamed to go with another game's ideas (even TF2 for certain weapons) if those ideas would help make the game better.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote