Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 78 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I was referring to the Holodeck idea when I was talking about the disabilities bit.

Actually, reading through some of the new posts, I had an idea hit me.....

Fortress Forever: GO!

As in, you can move around in the real world, and interact with other players nearby. The game would "overlay" graphics where necessary through your phone/tablet/etc. If enough people were playing, it could be interesting.

Kinda like the Pokémon GO! game, and some of the other ones that are coming out set in the "real world". I don't know if anyone has ever tried making a FPS game in that way.
Oh man, we can do anything we want, and it's slowly setting in for more and more devs and players... as they hear the horn things could get wild.

A "GO!" idea or whatetever isn't as crazy as it seems, in fact it could be done in a cool way if done right and I think we could do something like that in some capacity. Personally, from slipping into the app trap for years, I know exactly how to do it... I've been known to make an app or two.

*edit*

Other newcomers on the team, nugzilla and valued_rug, also worked on those games as well as other team members, past future present all that.

It's about realizing what we have in front of us, how special it is and what we can do with it. We're lucky to have gotten FF this far and we're also lucky to be in the position we are to continue development in such an efficient fashion. I'm excited, get excited y'all haha

Last edited by trepid_jon; 12-30-2016 at 05:07 AM. Reason: added the tony robbins ending
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote