View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #13
Eon Seig
AaaaaaaTATATATATATATATA!

Class/Position: Pyro Scout Soldier / Offense
Gametype: CTF/AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I never avoid playing on TALOS just because they let people be vulgar and bitch at each other all day. If they're populated and OT isn't I'll play there, provided I'm not entirely avoiding FF all together as I have been for several weeks now. College has a way of pissing away my time.

But I will automatically mute each and every single person the moment they utter the words nigger, cunt, fag, lesbo, whore, or any other such term. I have no problem playing on TALOS, but you're going to shut up when I'm there whether you have a choice in the matter or not.

I do not mute people for saying bitch, fuck, ass, or any of the other 4 standard curse words when used by themselves in a fairly mundane context, such as a one-off slip to express anger. But I will mute someone if they say something in a deliberate and overly vulgar threat, such as "I'm gunna fuck you in the ass, you bitch." Cluster F bombs hardly ever bother me.

I also don't mute for mic spamming as long as I am amused by it. The rule of thumb is that if I find it funny or entertaining, I leave it alone. But as soon as it starts to annoy me it goes off.

The point I'm making here is that your experience in any server is 100% under your control. If you don't like the people there, mute them. That can't say anything to you that you don't want to hear, meaning there is nothing stopping you from playing on any server you want. Not only can you choose to not be offended by anything, you can choose to never hear any of it at all.

Last edited by Eon Seig; 10-15-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Eon Seig is offline   Reply With Quote