Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Demo/Def - Spy/Off
Gametype: Anything but yet more fucking CTF
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Couldn't Demomen run about stripping their team-mate's armor to grief?
Yes. Any other class could do the same too (were this just implemented generally), I suppose. And spychecking becomes even less fun than it is already for Spies.

Armour strip is not a 'perfect' solution, I admit. However, some downside is required to something so useful. Some form of damage dealt to the 'jumper' is, I suppose, the most obvious and to some extent intuitive solution.

A limitation on how far you could be sent flying... could be interesting. Perhaps combined with how much armour you have left. So, if you have 50% of your armour, but the blast was powerful enough that it would strip exactly 100%, you'd only be sent half of the distance the force of the blast would normally send you.

I'm not really sure thats intuitive or even a good idea though. .

Also, the more I think about it, the less I like the idea of doing it via Lua (even though I've not had chance to try that yet :/)... to have a server where one map (e.g. Dustbowl) you're armour stripping, but the next map (e.g. 2fort) you do no team damage at all... that just seems unnessecarily aukward to me. An mp_teamplay style thing would be a better solution, I think.

YOU GUYS REALLY SHOULD UPDATE YOUR STAFF LIST!
I haven't posted since 2010...

Preferable to death. But only just...
Pon is offline   Reply With Quote