Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu^ View Post
this got me pretty excited when i saw this project years ago, im still wanting to play it. just the longer the development cycle takes the less impact it is going to actually have. release it 2 years down the line and no one will really care apart from the 100 loyal forumists that have been following for 6years.
Or release it unfinished and no one will really care apart from the 100 lotal forumists that have been following for 6 years.

I still can't wait to play this. I'm sure my interest will be peaked once it's released as it has been all along.

People are too fuckin picky these days. Everyone is so used to some big company releasing games once every couple years that patience quickly becomes a deciding factor in whether or not the game gets played.

Some might blame the game for not being as graphically awesome as some of the newer games being released, and that may be the case for games like far cry 2, COD MW2 and Crysis, but even the most of us here know what it's like to look past a game's graphical flaws and play it because it's a fun game. And I seriously have confidence BM will be everything everyone hopes for, in time. And maybe graphics aren't the deciding factor, but the vaporware signal that triggers in our brain every time we start hearing about games like Duke Nukem or FF on Orange Box. That's certainly understandable. There are many fans of each game and their predecessors, but the longer people wait, the more impatient people become.

It's when people stop caring when you know a game is probably going to fail. I hope that's not the case for this game.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 12-14-2009 at 07:25 PM.
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote