Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Ways to improve the Scout's firepower?

I've always wanted the scout to have more purpose, instead of just being a disposable flag runner, and with a little more firepower in the right places, the scout could pose an actual threat in a fight. Although not very much.

I think the scout should have one long range and one short range weapon, the nailgun is long range enough even though it's pants, but the shotgun is also fairly long range, across huge distances you can shoot it and still see it hit enemies, even if it takes off 1 damage. So I'm focussing on ideas to change the shotgun.

Even though I don't want FF to be like TF2, a sawn-off double barrel shotgun could be good for the scout, to actually give it a little firepower at short range. The scout in FF is fairly useless when it comes to killing things, the nail gun is just used to kill structures, and unless an enemy is standing still, you just flail nails about hoping a few of them will hit an enemy while you think about how you're going to conc past them.

The shotgun hardly does any damage, and the only occurrences I can think of me using it is to kill an enemy scout carrying our flag, or just to toy with the defense while I work out how to make my escape with the flag.

The scout is just used as a flag runner in FF, and doesn't have the firepower to accomplish anything, fighting with defense just ends in your death, most of the time a scout goes for the flag against a decent defense, they accept it's probably a suicide run, but they might get the flag a few feet by throwing it.

(I actually kill more people using the crowbar than the nailgun and shotgun)

A sawn-off double barrel would allow two shots before a fairly short reload, and while it has a lot of spread and is useless at longer ranges, at very short ranges like most flag rooms, it could do quite a lot of damage and have a little push back. And it's light, so scouts could quite easily carry it.

And would look something like this,

Or the sideway barrel.

I know I mentioned TF2, but even without TF2, the sawn-off shotgun is a logical choice for a light, fast class. Due to it being small, convenient, and lighter than a normal shotgun. And although it has the drawback of being literally useless past a certain range, if you get right up to an enemy, you could actually cause damage that makes them go "ouch, that hurt", instead of the current weapons, which are like being stabbed by a needle.

Any other wild ideas are welcome.

Focussing on the Scout only.

Last edited by FreaK367; 07-08-2011 at 07:45 PM.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.