View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #65
o_caesium

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Ok I DL'd and played the map and now I'm impressed.

I spent like an hour getting speed from noclip and bouncing myself up onto the platform outside the spawn. If trimping is even remotely the same as this I'd be one happy camper (or concer...)

So the only things I have to suggest are:
1: Some of the triggers inside the spawn doors are wierd and the door doesn't stay open, but just opens and closes randomly sometimes.
2: The doors make wimpy little click noises. They should sound like big scary servos (imo)
3: The map needs soundscapes.
4: Some of the displacements near where the underwater tunnel lets out are annyoing to get stuck on. If it wouldn't work to change those so you can walk on them, then I might suggest puting a vertical concrete bit there.

And that's all I thought of, besides what I mentioned before.

P.S. What's the deal with the 2fort basement? Seeing that felt really surreal.
Glad you like it In response to your suggestions:

1. Yeah, the trigger for the respawn doors aren't done properly yet. I've been playing around with a few different ways of triggering them, but I know they are buggy atm and they will NOT be like that in the end.

2 & 3. I haven't worked on sounds at all yet. I've been having trouble trying to get custom soundscapes to work in game. But again, don't worry, there will be sounds in the final version.

4. Which bit do you mean exactly? The water way is supposed to be very hard to get out via if a defender is trying to stop you, and I'm not aware of any bit you actually get stuck on assuming you stick to the middle of the passage.

Btw the idea behind the 2fort basement is that aardvark has been built on the old site of 2fort Hence the 2fort bit is all old and overgrown, and some parts are blocked up and some walls smashed through. I thought it would be fun to play with people's perceptions of what's real lol. Oh, and it seemed a lot more interesting than just having a boring corridor going from the water exit to the bottom of the lift.

PS offy going water can use the old 2fort flagroom to their advantage if they want to try not to be seen on the camera system (ie a spy), but of course the trade-off is that that's slower that just going straight to the lift...

Last edited by o_caesium; 03-27-2006 at 07:23 PM.
o_caesium is offline   Reply With Quote