View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
Aperture Lab Rat

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Weapon sound replacements

Hello everyone, figured I should share my current WIP. I am in the process of changing my weapon sound directories, piece by piece, using completely alternate sounds (mostly from bits of internet fun). As I fill in some blanks, expect a working build of a current model. Most of these sounds have nothing to do with new sound effects -- these will change the entire tone/mood of the game if you include all of these.

If/when I package everything into a .zip, I will include the original sounds should you have a desire to revert.

Code:
Current sounds:

/grenades/concussion/ (WKUK Abe Lincoln "Now you ____ed up!" x1)

/weapons/knife/ (Portal's radio mix) Note: Can be heard if the spy switches over while in stealth.
/weapons/medkit/ ("Pills Here")
/weapons/nailgun/ (Railgun's non-charged shot.  Semi-cropped.)
/weapons/railgun/ (World Shut Your Mouth: Nerds vs. Skaters "Bet you don't know what PI is!" & "Maybe if you knew what gravity was, you wouldn't fall over!")
/weapons/rpg/ (http://tinyurl.com/ye59apw minus the shotgun part at the beginning)
/weapons/tranq/ (WKUK Abe Lincoln "Now you ____ed up!" x2, will probably change, giving the shotgun(s) this sound)
Will edit as new changes are made. Looking for good (super-)shotgun and crowbar/spanner sounds. If anyone has an idea or two, please let me know
Aperture Lab Rat is offline   Reply With Quote