Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat-Suzy View Post
lol i never intended on actually selling any its not really my model to sell. I didnt realise how popular this would be, if you want me to make one for you it would cost around 30usd excluding shipping. I do feel terrible asking for so much but it does take 3ish hours to print and then another hour or so to clean up and magnetize.

If you want it printed quicker and more professionally i'd probably go to shapeways. their cheapest price for the same model in plastic is 27 usd but that would require you to source your own magnets and assemble yourself.

Does anyone know how i can get in touch with sev, the original designer? Id like his approval before i distribute the source file.
Honestly, I don't think that price is outrageous at all. 3D printing is still "new" technology, so naturally, it's going to be a bit costly.

I don't know how to contact Sev, but considering the model is a part of the game, and only people who play the game would be interested(and you're not really making a profit on it)...... If Squeek gives the ok(he's the last remaining Dev that I know of)..... I wouldn't feel bad about it.

I can appreciate your point of view, though. Pretty honourable, if you ask me.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote