Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
Man I played FD pyro on siden one game and got banned from the pickup channel.

One of the reasons I don't play pickups as often as I did was because of all these "silent" rules that aren't really rules but just what other's consider is a standard code of conduct.

It makes for very boring games cause it's the same shit every game on every map.

The only reason why we usually run scout and meds on O is because they're the most effective. Everyone's used to that, so you start running a HW on O and people bitch cause they're not used to it, thus it's considered lame, and then he's raged at.

I would personally like to see all these stupid silent codes of conducts thrown out the window and just play some pickups with a free range of classes that can be played anywhere.

Obviously some choices would be just plain silly, like scout D, that wouldn't make much sense, but pyro D/O or HW O or even sniper O/D should be allowed.

But people are too stuck in their ancient ways of thinking to realize how boring pickups have truly become.
Agreed. To me, if a class is available to choose from, I'm going to pick it. Now obviously I'm not going to run a scout on defense but the Pyro is a vital class in this game and if played correctly, can dominate the enemy offense.

Why not just make a class restriction limit based on the type of match?

2v2 - No Engis/Pyros/
4v4 - 1 Engi/1 Pyro/
9v9 - 2 Engis/2 Pyros

And same for whatever other classes are available.

Then, we wouldn't EVER need to have a topic like this again. Specify in your "RULES" that a specific class or quantity of that class is allowed or disallowed or some people will be confused and even more people will abuse.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete