View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 06:15 AM   #43
o_voipme

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
TFC was the first game I ever truly played regulary. It allowed me to meet such an incredible amount of awesome people, and an incredible amount of questionable people. But for a span of 5 years or so, TFC was one of the best parts of my life that I can remember.

All of the nights learning how to conc, how to rocket jump, how to do all those things that made the newbies go "WOW! HACKER!", etc. None of it could have been possible for all of the people that I've known throughout my clanning days and my pubbing days.

I started off TFC just randomly playing from server to server as an unknown player going by the name of p-Nasty. Not really understanding why I was getting my ass kicked constanly by those players that could come in and utterly own the maps. After some time (I'm not too sure at this point), I ended up joining what would be known as my first clan, Xtreme Players, or X-P. Being a total noob clan, it quickly disintegrated and everyone went their separate ways. I was more or less passed off to what would become the only other clan I have played in, Tortured Minds, tM.

Amazingly, I passed their tryout and was let into the clan. Not getting much playtime (mainly due to the fact that I couldn't get IRC working), I spent a lot of it attempting ot pub with clan members. Necrobrain, Arcadion, Twitch/Battery, Dan/Vent, Ally/Celeste, and all of those other resident tM folks that I spent way too many hours getting to know by playing against them, with them, and of course, playing multiplayer notepad with them. They are the reason why I stayed in this community for so long. Playing the game was more of a hassle than anything at the end of my career in TFC.

That is why I'm here. I'm here to see this mod take off much like TFC did and build up a similar base of players that formed the community that is still making this. Judging by the list of people directly responsible for developing this, I can see we're in good hands with old school players such as Schtoofa, Dospac, Mulchman, and FriedBunny. (Sorry to the rest of the team, I either don't remember you or never have heard of you. :P)

p-Nasty
o_voipme is offline   Reply With Quote