View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 07:04 PM   #206
o_ozzy

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Blimey, I was just randomly browsing one day and happened to stumble across this little site. I was more than a little surprised to say the least, I thought TFC for Half Life 2 was little more than wishful thinking.

There's a few familiar faces I noticed on this thread (and an awful lot of unfamiliar ones too!). A big wave to Shin, Bean Rag, Shaolin and Storm if you remeber your old clan mate/rival/fellow admin from years back (Apologies to anyone I've missed, I only skimmed through the thread).

I started TFC way back in 1999, for a little known clan called [CM]. I only stayed with them for a short while before I formed my own clan [HK]Hunter-Killers. We were around for about two years, and played something like 170 matches in that time. We played in the premiership of the UKTFCL for one season, and finished runner up to -12M- in division 1 (and we were robbed Shaolin, Bean wouldn't lie!), and made the semi-finals of a couple of cup competitions. I'd like to think we played TFC for fun as much as the competitiveness, and I think most of the clans we played against would agree with that. [HK] never had a huge number of members, and I think that's partly what made it so fun, that it'd generally be the same team playing week in week out, and you really felt like you got to know the other guys. We built up a good friendly rivalry with -12M-, and also had some good friendlies and joint practices with [FAB] who were a great bunch of guys.

[HK] folded in 2002 when my uni commitments got too much. A number of our members had grown disillusioned with TFC, and it was felt it was the best course of action. I joined [MDB] about a year later, but I wasn't able to give enough time to them, and I ended up going inactive a few months later having only played a handful of games for them. Since then I've not really played the game at all, but I'm hoping that the advent of Fortress Forever may reignite my passion for the game and bring around a resurrection of [HK], which was always in hibernation as opposed to retirement Time and commitments permitting maybe the tag can be resurrected.
o_ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote