Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Define "Appearance Standard".

What counts as a violation thereof?

What if all you've seen *IS* the resume? Oftentimes, a resume can be submitted via e-mail, or FAX. Do you count their e-mail address against them if it's something other than their name?

You see the resume, and the candidate exhibits high qualifications for the position they are applying for. You call them for an interview, and on the phone, the person sounds as intelligent as their resume reads. The man shows up, is clean in appearance, dresses good(maybe not perfect, but without a close inspection, appears to fit the visual bill)... After speaking to him for a short time, you are more than satisfied with his abilities... and as you are about to say the words, "You're hired".... you notice he is wearing nail polish. There's nothing in the company dress code about men wearing nail polish, and the man is the only candidate that has applied for the job that meets and/or exceeds all criteria. Tell me, what do you do? Substitute some other minor appearance thing, and tell me what you'd do.
I'd say, "That's an interesting shade of nail polish." to see what their reaction was and how they handled the situation.