View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #50
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Again, I say we don't need to change the Snipers weapons at all, but give the player more abilities for their rifle that would give them the edge. I personally think the sniper isn't underpowered if used right. by advancing their abilities, this would add to that right use.

By adding a different weapon or changing the existing one will take the skill of being a sniper out of the picture. That's like adding an advanced feature to allow the Heavy Weapons to not be phased by concs. Or Soldiers to not get injured by rocket jumps. It kills the learning curve of the class completely. If you're an HW and you can conc aim well, that's an achievement. That's skillful, and you're recognized by that. That's golden. As for Rocket Jumps, it can do various damage on a Solly, but to know how to get around a map using Rocket Jumps at causing minimal damage makes you a good maneuverable Soldier. And you've worked on that.

So in conclusion, I say giving the sniper the ability to jump and fire, allowing them to shoot while floating in water and on ladders, and to have a faster charge on the rifle while being able to fully run or bhop in the process, for a limited time even, would make it easier within that limited time to do just a little more then what you would be able to do without. It would still acquire a certain learning curve and practice, (by means of how and when to use that skill), BUT if you work hard at it like some of the top end snipers, like King, and Zelenjava, not only will you be THAT good, but you'll have the abilities listed above to make that much more of a difference.

This game was meant for a learning curve. And once you've learned it, it really does show in the end.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote