Thread: (Released) Game Rules
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #15
truplaya

Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
So it's starting to look like most aren't in favor of restrictions in pub play which is understandable...I agree with the notions of FDA, Kube and Iggy for the most part. People are gonna be either gripped by the game and inspired to be competitive and learn the game, or just hop around yard D'ing in pubs with no intention of winning or recognizing the scoreboard..Who's to say what's appropriate or the most fun way to play..In pubs freedom is #1 and people are going to do what they want..

The only reason I might side more with pub restrictions currently is because the majority of the active players still left are competitive based rather than just free for all, and with a hurting pickup scene and only pubs being played, where do we go from here? I kind of went into this thread forgetting all the big changes ahead....

Hopefully in the coming weeks/months with the big update ahead pubs can be pubs and the pickup scene will get a breath of fresh air and provide the competitive play us regulars prefer...Which also leads me to think that we might be wasting some energy here until the update comes out and we evaluate from there...

I guess currently i just miss more constant competition and organized play, because lately we haven't been getting it in the pickup scene anymore...It is kind of foolish to expect those things in a pub, but every once and again the good regulars come in and we will have a couple great pub rounds when people try and are competitive and organized... The server mods and restrictions have been mildly helpful and interesting to toy with.... How do we know whats good for FF if we never change or try new things?

I still would like to see the OVD mode half way mark team switch tho, i wanna try that and think it would be worth a shot messin with if anything else comes from this thread.....Ideally it would be voteable and flexible and not as restricting unless the given servers players preferred it.

Last edited by truplaya; 12-27-2014 at 06:45 PM.
truplaya is offline   Reply With Quote