View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #50
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
Granted, it certainly helped offense, but I noticed a somewhat larger impact in defense getting eroded in 2.1 than I did in 2.0. I think this can be directly attributed to the loss of push on sg's and additional spy abilities.
I would agree with this. The SG definitely needs some push back. The jump pad should probably be removed via LUA for the maps that it breaks. The new HW should help AvD defense also. I personally think the spy sabotage is terrible for AvD (well, and in general.. but thats a separate debate) because it directly contravenes what you said here (which i also agree with):

Quote:
my idea of a perfect AvD match is one where offense slowly wears down defense and moves forward
The idea that 1 guy can sneak past and completely annihilate the whole defense is in my eyes, dumb. (particularly when you have a new engineer who doesnt know what a spy is, and by not watching his SG he owns his entire team, causing arguments)

This idea of offense making progression is a central idea to the creation of adzone and we're constantly evolving ideas on how best to implement this.
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote