View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #14
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
You can maintain ~520 constantly. I am absolutely 100% positive because I do it/have done it SO much over the past weeks testing the training map.
It'd be great to get a vid of this since just testing it showed consistent 500 with dips to 480 on every landing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pcumlrabsxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
If you want MAXIMUM glide numbers, set host_timescale 0.1 and do the best glide humanly possible.

This will not only give you plenty of time to perfect the curve, but you'll be able to read the numbers as well.
All this did was slow my actions (shots, grenades, etc) but not my movement.

Edit: Lame. Demos don't allow you to hud_speedometer 1.

Edit again: I came across an odd phenomenon just now.

While BHopping around, checking the decay, I came across an instance where it did not decay past 480. This was very interesting to me as I was doing the same thing I was doing before.

After many tests of just testing this, I found three things out.

1. In order to get your jump to decay you must not use queue jumping. Although your jump timing can be perfect a-la TFC, queue jumping does not decay.

2. The decay rate changes dramatically depending on if you queue jump or not.

3. BHop speeds are not effected by which method of jumping you use if both are done correctly.

I don't understand this.

Ronald Reagan

Last edited by Credge; 02-26-2008 at 07:35 AM.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote