Old 03-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #28
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon
CTF is more like a true sport in that both side are the same, and both teams are attempting the same thing simultaneosly. A good CTF team has to balance itself out well to succeed in this style. CTF also allows for small breaks in the gameplay, and more of the ability to be sneaky. There's also more instances in CTF where you can get a 1 on 1 deathmatch once in a while, and it's more viable when you only have a few players. Of course, this is the mode that all the classes were designed in the first place for.
1v1? Like, Scout vs Soldier? That's not a DM, it's a murder ;D And nobody would say that classes where designed for CTF, seeing as Sniper isn't leagueable, as well as Pyro and Spy as some people say =o
I will agree that it shows the ability of each team since they seek the same goal, so the best balanced offensively and defensively team will probably win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon
AvD is really freaking fun, for sure as hell, but you always see the same player classes on either team. Also, the Spy's viability on those maps is highly dubious....not a whole lot of room to be sneaky until the last few feet to the cap. And of course, if you don't have many players, it doesn't seem to be as much fun. You don't really get the team balance in this mode, so for me it's more of a break from CTF. BTW....when will Avanti out?
If by same classes you mean all 9 on Offense and about 6 as D, I agree =D That's way more than the ones useful in CTF, I believe. The Spy is actually pretty useful, even against very organised teams, if you know what you are doing - i.e., not Sab the SGs, just grenade them. Just the fact of avoiding the SG fire makes the Spy the best class at taking out middle range well placed SGs. It needs more players, but I think it's the easiest mode to play, since you only need to focus in one thing.

Oh yeah, we need Avanti and other AD maps, like Ksour, that allow lower number of players.
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote