Kawaii! ルーキー
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Random
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: BiG, Kawaii!, MustacheBrigade, GoodFellas
Posts Rated Helpful 82 Times
With Motos server being the ONLY us pub server. It's really hard to please everyone's game play preferences. Hopefully with a steam release and more servers to choose from players can have the choice not to play in a server that they don't like.

I think it's silly to have hidden rules and boundaries that only people who are in the "know" know about. OvD is one of them, but it's what we have forced on our self with the limited amount of players we have to play with. Yes, I enjoy playing with some amount of structured game play. Pickups are obviously too strict for the general population. That is why I was trying to make scripts that give more structure to the game but not limit it as much as a pickup does. From your example: Instead of having a scout trying to run around on Defense trying to DM people. Why not just disable the scout? I guess your point is: let people make bad choices and learn from them. Mine is: if possible, just don't allow them to make bad choices.

FF has a huge learning curve and really new players are going to have a hard time no matter what is going on. If on steam release we get such a huge influx of players that scrips like these are no longer wanted then that's great. But I made these by Moto's request and thought it would be fun to gain some experience with FF Lua. Not try to bend the will of the community to my liking.

I don't think Moto even uses most of these scripts on his server anymore. But really that's great, he did a test run and decided they didn't work out so he turned them off. If he wanted to try out others or tweak them to better suit how he runs his server. I'm always up for change and trying something new.

Last edited by R00Kie; 12-27-2014 at 12:40 AM.
R00Kie is offline   Reply With Quote