Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi
the only big problems i can foresee are:
cpu cooling..your going to need a low profile cooler, and some good fans. i assume that case is mostly wood, so it wont disipate heat as well as something metal.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that too, the case is indeed wood.
I would need AT LEAST 4 fans and I'm thinking about cutting out the bottom edge and placing a grid there to provide extra cooling. Another option is solving it like my tower does: a pipe going from the CPU fan to the outside of the case.

Quote:
video card: because of the low profile of the case, you will probably have to use an agp card with a right angle riser board..but this will also cover your other pci slots..but a standard height card wouldnt fit anyway, so probably onboard audio.
I always use onboard audio so that's no issue, as for video card position, that IS a big issue, and I'd like to use PCI(-e) if possible, but I doubt it.

Quote:
power supply..i would go with a server ps something low profile like a 1U, and make sure its spec'd for atx.
I was thinking along the lines of getting an old laptop (My old internship was a computer shop so I can get old pc's pretty easy) and using the feed on that. Question is: Is it atx compatible and will it be enough to supply eveything with enough power?

Oh and to save place I'll be using a laptop HDD.

Thanks for helping so far, I have a day off on Thursday so I'll be able to go to my old friends and ask some more info/pricing

I'm really looking forward to this, it'll be my first project and I want it to be a good one!

*edit* Well lookie here!

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquir...ge-camera-case

I'm not to keen about his screen set up and mine will include a keyboard/mousepad combination INSIDE the case.

And he solved the problme of too little cooling: make an airstream with 3 fans (2 in, 1 out) so that's covered too!

Last edited by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ; 03-31-2008 at 01:57 PM.
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote