Old 06-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
My best friend in HS had a pair of Audiobahn Flame Q 12", optima battery, 1 big amp ( sorry cant remember the watts) and 2 capacitors....

You definitely don't want to under-power them but a nice median is fine. His capacitors were digital, and they would beep when the charge was low... every time the fucking thing hit low note. Guess maybe he needed a bigger alternator or even another batt.

In one of my trucks I have a pair of the OLD Alpine Type E 10" subs, hatchback box, 250watt amp, 1 farad cap. pushes both of them fine. And the sound is great. I'm not beatin' down the block, but people can hear it from there cars so I tend to turn it down at stoplights and such, don't wanna fork out $1000.00 for a sound ordinance ticket.

1 1000watt amp and a cap or 2 would probably do just fine, maybe go up to a 1200. I really haven't been into it in a long time so I don't know what's hot right now. If I recall correctly, it was a 1 farad cap. for every 1000 watts, again I'm not sure. Hope this helps a lil bit.
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote