View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquilibriuM View Post
Credge doesn't even play FF, at least i never see him pub, but i guess that's b/c its boring to him, who knows?
You... know who I am right? I mean, you know that my in game name isn't Credge... right?

Besides, the only times I pub is when the map is on avanti as that map always seems to get players I enjoy playing with together. I play competitively, which I'm slowly stopping, because I enjoy challenge.

And I just realized another issue with competitive play. Competitive players tend to love the absolute worst maps on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
The way I see it, you don't have a "gripe" with the game. You just have a gripe with how people are playing it.
You can see it like that all you want, but there is a reason people play it like that. It's because the game was made that way.

People wouldn't yard DM in CTF if they saw it as negative, or, if maps where made where yard DM'ng was an obviously bad thing to do. AVD would be better if... well, people knew what they were doing. This is most notably a problem on Palermo where I can just jump over every person on every cap point with almost any class.

League play would be much more fun if different classes were viable besides soldier, demo, engy, and medic.

None of these things are really dependent on the people. League players will continue to only use the best classes because they have to. Why would anyone go Sniper on O or D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesium View Post
credge, you know we're already working hard on focussing public play for both avd and ctf by making the objectives much clearer to everyone, and there are lots of ideas in the works for new public server gamemodes/maps.
Yep, and it's one of the only reasons I actively beta test and push for changes to classes that need them. Without more viable classes for competitive play, it will stagnate like it has in past versions and is starting to do now.

And the only time I'll actually start to invest some time in to public play is when an AVD server exists and becomes populated. Otherwise I'd rather play any other game with better DM mechanics out there.

Ronald Reagan