Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Hitting the Server Revert Button.

So basically with the three pub server's really left in this game, 2 of the 3 (that I know of) have either completely sidetracked the balance of the classes (all in the name of "fun") or have converted back to 2.42.

I know that Old Timers doesn't use the Laser grenade anymore, nor the slow field. They both have been changed back to the nail nade and the mirv. Though they did keep the pressure hit.

Talos kind of twisting things up. They removed the slowfield nade and put the mirv back in its' place. the pressure hit now launches players further then a jump pad does, and the laser nade practically kills any medium class in 2 to three swipes (depending on fall damage :P).

I'm uncertian if Kube left the patch the same. Then that server would indeed be the initial 2.43 server atm (via US.)

I mean, I don't want to put the dev's down but no one is using the initial patch.

Honestly I think I can agree with their reasons. While on one hand the patch has made AvD a blast, anything ctf is trash unless organized and even then it's kind of "meh."

I know that Grawsbane posted something about moving the laser nade counter clockwise, but honestly that wouldn't solve the problem with how easy it is to avoid it. Just bhop in that direction instead.

So my thoughts on this is what if instead of 3 lasers there were 6 instead. 3 moving clockwise, and 3 moving counter clockwise. It would make it a little more challenging to jump in between them and out again, and would make up for it's like of damage. I mean christ, it's a grenade. Who's ever heard of a grenade in this world that you can play jump rope with? Atleast with 6 lasers instead of three, that'd be one hell of a game of jump rope.

The pressure hit is a good idea and talos kind of add's a crazy flavor with their now portable jump pad with a gatling gun (hw, lol). Now "officially" I think their push is a little too strong, but when I'm looking to laugh at the expense of other's lives, then i absolutely enjoy the crazy ass pressure hit. I'm not even sure if that was intentional.

So ya, I don't have a lot of idea's on how to fix the issue, but the point being -- if admins are changing their server's back to the 2.42 patch settings, well then I believe the community (for what it is) has spoken, and they apparently don't like the changes, unfortunately.

I think it's time to start asking the actual community what they want. Wouldn't hurt.

Up next, I teach children how to juggle the limbs of a koala bear.

Last edited by eomoyaff; 07-26-2011 at 04:46 AM.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote