View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I find it odd that every time I scroll through the Old Timers ban list, I find an overwhelming number of players that seem to regular our server without a problem. They play the game as expected to be played. They act respectful and mature. They give us absolutely no problems whatsoever. Are they seeking retribution for the wrong done to them? Do they play without a problem on our server because we treat them like human beings? Maybe your ban reasons are inaccurate or blatantly deceptive. Perhaps it could be all the reasons above? Heh

It's ironic that near the end of your wall-o-text rant, you write the following: 'However, there are two sides to every story' while continuing to this day to ride past that idea. When have there ever been two sides to every story with you? You are the king of making threads to instigate people whom have the thread locked in their face when they defend themselves. I think this thread will turn into one of those threads! Once someone dissents, once someone with a differing opinion comes in, you best locate the lock button, because people actually thinking for themselves and defending themselves is something you're not used to dealing with, hm?

I just love the conspiracy overtones to your post, Scuzzy. Perhaps one day you can write up a similarly big post about how you stalked one of the Talos members for a few months after he asked about getting banned for saying the word 'christ'. Perhaps you want to tell us about how you contacted this individual's family and employers trying to ruin his reputation and get him fired? I'm waiting for the day that you reveal what a sick individual you really are. I really am. The popcorn's ready!

That won't happen though. It won't ever happen. You have a perfect little system set up where you can discredit everyone who dissents from the Old Timers server. You offer contributions to this mod that I respect in principle, but you then use these contributions as an easy-out of arguments: ('What? You don't like the OT server? We contribute more than you. I'd be willing to pay a thousand dollars right now. What about you?') and as tools for breaking the system (Why do you think the Debates and Arguments forum was cleared? Let's hide the evidence of a double standard and of Scuzzy's trolling!)

(FF Team: Oh hey! Look! Scuzzy is breaking rules that would otherwise get regular members banned. He's making instigating threads then locking them when people defend themselves in an attempt to make them look bad. Oh my! What should we do? Nothing! He pays the web-hosting bills and provides us with servers. We much enjoy those benefits. If we approach him and tell him to tone it down, he'll probably just leave us stranded. We can't have that.')

No one likes the Old Timers server. Start looking past that fact for a reason as to why. I find it hard to believe that the huge chunk of the Fortress Forever that is banned on Old Timers are all bad individuals with ill intentions. Mojo/Sixxgun, you're welcome to regular the Talos server. We won't instigate you there and then ban you for defending yourself. We'll let you speak your mind without resorting to subjective administrative action! Hey! We're not in the business of banning people with attitudes, beliefs, habits, and such that differ from our own in the name of 'tolerance' and 'being fair'. That would be far too ironic, comedic, and hypOcriTical.

This man's story seems pretty mild. It seems someone provoked him and he acted like any human being would act and countered. I think it's pathetic that you consider every thing he had to say to be a lie or deception, when in reality, you had no evidence yourself to back up that claim. Just because someone else can't prove their position doesn't mean that their position is invalid nor does it give you a free pass to slander that individual with no evidence yourself. Seriously? Wait, was I just expecting standards from Old Timers? A-ha. Pardon me!

In b4 the lock. OH NOES GUYS, PEOPLE WHO THINK DIFFERENTLY OR DON'T APPROVE OF WHAT WE DO. WE MUST CENSOR THEM. LET'S SILENCE THEM. OUT OF SIGHT. OUT OF MIND. THE SOLUTION TO EVERY PROBLEM. A PROBLEM NO MORE!

Last edited by Bridget; 04-16-2010 at 04:18 PM.