View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 04:13 AM   #10
cownaetion
Wizard of Milk

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to cownaetion Send a message via AIM to cownaetion Send a message via MSN to cownaetion Send a message via Yahoo to cownaetion
Brandon, when you learn how to read, please come back. I've already stated that I've used it and it doesn't work. Pixel, no one's forcing you to read unless there is a gun to your head then I do sympathize for you. Roland, I thought so too about the gameinfo.txt so I cracked it open but it's all legit. I went back on Valve's site to scour any more information and I found a couple posts that have the same problem. Now that I'm on the computer that hosts the SDK, the actual error I get is that the 'system cannot find the file.' Hence, all files are there, even remapped everything so there could be no misconceptions in the directory/file structure. No one on the site found a fix either but after tinkering around some more I've found that it's just a bug that, how the hell they screwed it up is beyond me, but their batch processing. It doesn't run the compile programs with any parameters, even though it says it is. I've tried every combo but it's a no-go, so I tried it from the command line and it worked. A bit of a hassle to go through, especially when your tweaking it for every little thing but I'll just have to set up my own batch files and write a script to monitor the directory I store the .VMF's in and to just recreate the batch file with the newest created file, so I don't have to keep opening it up and hard-coding it in.

Thanks to all who tried to help, appreciate it. If anyone would know how to fix this bug now I'd love to hear it, but as far as finding a solution that's just gonna have to do for now. Thanks again.
cownaetion is offline   Reply With Quote