immortal
BADASS

Class/Position: D Solly, O Med
Gametype: kill.conc.cap
Affiliations: [TALOS]
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
About no downside for offensive classes using movement: that is the entire reason that they are offensive classes. If there was a downside, then it'd be far better to use stronger classes. On the flipside, if there was no downside for a soldier RJing, then a soldier would be the best offensive class hands down.
I'm not saying it should have a downside for Offensive classes nor upsides for Defensive classes, I'm just saying there is too much upsides for offensive classes now.

I'm not talking about more fall damage, or increasing rocket/sentry/pipe/Mini-gun damage.
In TFC, without jump pads, were soldiers a better choice than scouts and medics?
No, Offensive soldiers were only used by a few clans on maps like stowaway and 2fort

Quote:
Originally Posted by killu View Post
how can you say virtually no fall damage when you can lose 40 HP just from falling from the battlements on a map like schrape. If anything the fall damage is too much and seemingly very inconsistent.

medpacks were also way better when they could heal you past 100%

truth!
If you fall from the battlements on schrape you lose only 18HP, not even close to 40HP. And you choose to fall... you can use the ladders =)

you are talking about one map specifically, i'm talking about the whole game.

And i say virtually no fall damage because medics usually drop medpacks as soon as they hit the ground after concing so the next medic coming can use'em to heal from the fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatterin View Post
Any good defensive set up can stop an offense much easier now.
Sorry, but i have to disagree. On FF you see teams capping more flags in 15 minutes than it was used to be capped on TFC in 30 minutes rounds

Last edited by immortal; 02-16-2010 at 03:35 PM.
immortal is offline   Reply With Quote