View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 09:32 PM   #71
o_uber

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Soundchaser, can you give me an example of a time period in which the global temperature, on the average, was higher than it is now?

It's misleading and extremely detrimental/ignorant to state that liberal scientists are liars, and conservative scientist are truth-tellers. It a statement that completely lacks merit.

Here's a better graph to show an example of my previous statements, I believe:

and

Plus, soundchaser, if you live anywhere near North Dakota, the place from which you got your example, you know that it's a bad example. Yeah, the temperatures have been way below zero this past week here, but it's been just about the only week this winter with below-zero temperatures! This entire winter has been moderate. Very little snow has fallen and for the most part, it's been warm enough to stay outside without a jacket (for us Minnesotans, anyway)!

But that's a bad example, regardless. It would be so ignorant to rule out short-term climate cycles, and then say that because today is cold therefore there is no warming of the Earth. Furthermore, disregarding short-term cycles of seasons, it would also be imprudent to say that because of what's being called global warming, there should be absolutely no cold weather.

That's not what global warming is, at all.

Innoc, I've pointed out that there is a bit of problem with the National Resources Stewardship Program statements. They're misleading. It coincides with a period during which there was an ice age (430-460 million years ago). That period, which is marked by mass extinctions (the Ordovician), lacked the carbon cycle we're familiar with today, had the landmass in Pangaea formation, and had a measurably fainter amount of sunlight.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote