View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 05:17 AM   #4
Fruitcake

Gametype: AvD/IvD
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
I would agree with you FDA that as fun as it may be to overpressure someone, it is far more annoying to be overpressured. Also I am tentatively against splitting pub and competitive play. I believe TALOS or O-T used to use different secondary grenades, keeping the nail grenade for soldier, spy gas and HWG mirv. It was very confusing for new players going from server to server and seeing different "settings". Even if we made these settings specifically for pickup servers, that just raises another barrier to entry for pickups.

As to your comment about overpressures being a useful tool for stopping otherwise successful concs, I feel that overpressure sometimes creates impassable choke points, where there is no possibility for counter-play. Some chokes are so closed that the HWG can not miss overpressures. A soldier playing those chokes would quickly kill himself on rocket splash.

My only regret in taking away overpressure would be removing the HWG's one flashy play. The only thing flashy a HWG can do is overpressure someone. Nice grenades, good tracking, good positioning will not get you in an AVI.
Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.