Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Aside from Mario Cart 64, I'm not really into racing games. However, Steam had this on sale last weekend, with a free "try it" period. I figured, Ok... give it a shot, it looks a bit fun.

That was an understatement. I ended up playing it until the free trial was nearly over, and bought it as well as the expansion pack(3 more vehicles, and a new map). Honestly, the game is fun as all get out! There are weapons on the vehicles(each vehicle has custom weapons), but they aren't charged until you run over a "power up barrel". These are similar to the cubes in Mario Cart, except that they are coloured to a particular weapon(though there is a "random" one). Once you "power up", you can use the weapon against your adversaries once. If you're lucky, you can charge all 3 weapons, and use them in rapid succession for maximum benefit. You get a point for each kill, and how many laps you complete. Deaths are not tallied.

There are several types of game you can play. One keeps track of your accomplishments(and yes, there are "achievements"). The other allows you to choose how the race ends: a certain number of kills, or by timer.

If you have a control pad, you can use it for this game. I have configured the numeric pad and arrow keys to be quite effective.

The game itself is regularly $9.99, and to be honest, worth it. If you can catch it on sale again, then it's almost a must have. The expansion pack is $1.99, and optional(though, the police car alone is worth that price).
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote