View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #65
VMX

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ok, except for the things that I've posted above (which are pending), the file is fully translated now. You could say it's 99% done.

Further testing and debugging is needed to polish everything, but there's one thing that I think needs to be addressed before I can go on with this... non-english characters.

Texts in standard fonts (such as the hints) appear correctly. But those which use the FF font (team/class selection, parts of the HUD, etc.) are showing a gap (a space) in the place of every non-english character.

I guess those characters weren't included in the font, so I believe we need that done before we can go on.

Here are all the non-english characters used in Spanish language:

Code:
á é * ó ú Á É Í Ó Ú ñ Ñ ü Ü
Once those characters are included, the translation would just need some testing and fine-tuning to be ready. This would mean:

· Looking for possible typos
· Checking the accuracy and convenience of some strings (sometimes I translate a string in the .txt, but don't really know where/when it will appear)
· Resizing some longer strings so that they fit in the corresponding fields

I'd obviously need some help for this, but I think we first need to get the special characters thing sorted out.

P.S.: I noticed the attic in map ff_well is named "Loft" when walking inside it in-game, while it appears as "Attic" in the pre-game map instructions. Which one is right? Shouldn't it be "Attic", as always?
P.S2.: I also noticed some things which are NOT in the language file. For example, there's no such thing as "Flag room catwalks" in the .txt, so I have no way of translating it, and thus it appears in English in the game.
VMX is offline   Reply With Quote