View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
SmellyCat
Darknight

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Just had a quick look through now and a few things jump out at me. I have no idea your experience with editing movies together (I don't have much myself) so I'm not claiming to be 'right', but I have a couple of thoughts.

The main issue this avi has is that it's too long, showing similar clips to similar music. Some of the plays were quite nice, but some weren't as good, if you were to remove those and trim down some of the longer plays you tend to end up with a nice neat 'palette' of clips to choose from. With less clips to choose from I find it easier to then match the visuals to the audio (which sadly did not work for me - I just didn't think the music had enough balls). Syncing those two are a must if you are to improve. (imo)

Lack of crossfades stuck out at me also. I like them, I think they're pretty. Also I guess they help the video 'flow' better as it stops the clips switching quite so suddenly.

A visual indicator of flag pickup is something that can be helpful to people watching. However, it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

~6:50 the music suddenly cutting off to silence looks awkward. Though I liked the slow-down section just before it (however what does that first clip show during it??).

Once again, I think if you shortened the avi down and put more thought into combining the music with the visuals, perhaps adding a few crossfades then it would look somewhat cooler. Good fun to watch though.
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote